Sign up to our Red Bull X-Alps newsletter and stay updated on a monthly basis before and after the race and daily during the race on news about adventure sports, hike & fly and the world’s toughest adventure race.SUBSCRIBE
- Nationality: Italy
- Date of birth: 06. Jun. 1986
- Profession: paragliding pilot
- Supporter: Matteo Vettorel
- Glider: advance omega xa2
- Website: aaron-durogati.com
- Sponsors: Red Bull, Salewa, Dr. Zipe, Geomag, Advance Parafliders, Pure encapsulation, Dynafit, Athena, Leki
- Durogati will be looking to improve on his 6th place in the 2015 Red Bull X-Alps. The Italian is a potential threat to Maurer and the top pack. The Italian has a fighting spirit and there's no doubt he'll be ready and raring to go when the start gun fires. He's certainly got the talent.
- When and why did you begin paragliding?
I started paragliding at the age of 15. My father was a pilot as well and so I wanted to be one as well.
- Do you paraglide competitively? List rankings and events.
Paragliding World Cup super final winner 2013; Red Bull X-Alps 2013 7th//X-Pyr 2014 2nd//Red Bull X-Alps 2015 6th/Red Bull Elements 2015 1st//X-Pyr 2016 3rd.
- What is your mountaineering experience?
Mont Blanc, Monte Rosa, Georgia's "Chauki Mountain" expedition including steep skiing and speed riding.
- What is your paragliding experience?
I'm a professional pilot.
- What is your adventure racing / endurance sport experience?
2 times Red Bull X-Alps and X-Pyr.
- What does your typical training week consist of?
Flying, mountain-running, gym and sing or skitouring.
- What are your best and worst adventure/flying moments?
Too many to mention.
- What are the sporting moments you are most proud of?
Winning the World Cup in Colombia.
- When and how did you first hear about the Red Bull X-Alps?
Since the first edition I've been dreaming of winning once.
- Have you competed in the Red Bull X-Alps before and if so, when?
Yes, in 2013 and 2015.
- What appeals to you about the Red Bull X-Alps?
- What will be your strategy during the race?
Trying to plan as much as possible before and than enjoy the race.
- On average, over a third of the Red Bull X-Alps participants fail to finish the event. Why do you think you will make it?
I already did it twice.
- What scares you the most about the event?
To fly in really tough conditions like in 2015.
- Have you ever done anything of this magnitude before?
I've participated in Red Bull X-Alps twice before, in 2013 and 2015.