5 Tips for a Multi-Day Hike & Fly Adventure
Professional hike & fly athlete Paul Guschlbauer talks through his tips for a Multi-Day Hike & Fly adventure, from packing to what glider to use and what to watch out for.
For the full explanation on the tips, watch the video, but if you only have a few seconds to spare, the tips are summarized below!
1. Planning: how to plan a route, what apps to use and how to calculate the distances to cover.
2. Go at the right time of year: Paul's recommendation for the best month of the year to go and why
3. Just get going: Getting over that psychological barrier and just starting
4. Food: Keeping it light and simple, what types of food you should bring and how to avoid overpacking.
5. Equipment: A lot more detail about exactly the equipment Paul takes with him, from his glider down to toilet paper (yes, in the wild, you'll still want some toilet paper), as well as a cheap way to make your rucksack waterproof!